Thursday, February 21, 2008

Not fit for a dog........?


Laura and I have applied to adopt a dog twice, from two different shelters and have been denied twice. I'm starting to develop a complex. Both times they've asked us to fill out an online form comparable to applying for a home loan, where do we work, how often do we work, what kind of house do we have, do we have kids, etc, etc. We've let them know we love dogs (that's why we want one), have a jogging trail and beach across the street, and a dog park less then a mile away, that ain't cutting it.


The excuses range from the dog needs a bigger back yard or this last time, the shelter is too far away from Alameda, so a Representative from the shelter couldn't drive out to inspect our home. Inspect our home? I'm not one to brag, but we're not exactly living in a crack house here, some might call it down right yuppie infused. Jeeezus, I think we could have adopted three little kids from a deprived third world country by now. So to follow the over-zealous shelters thinking, it's better to keep the dogs in the pound then have a couple adopt them, love them and take them outdoors?


We'd buy a dog, but who has a grand to blow these days? Not I my friend. So short of us registering for dog for our wedding (can you do that?) Our beloved pooch will have to wait till we pass muster with the puppy police in the Bay Area.


2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hmmm well let me tell you, I will bet there is a way to "register" for a dog for you wedding. If I look into it, I will let you know what I find out.
Good luck. Thats why I never had adopted a cat (all the hassle & paperwork)..........as you know, your dear old roommate showed up at my house with an itty bitty kitten. Good luck and hang in there with everything.

Pancho said...

Well if anyone can figure that one out, I'm sure it's you, mrs. wedding planner.

Thanks