Saturday, February 23, 2008

Birthday MeatBalls, Cake & Poker.....


Every year Laura is in charge of the Horseman Awards, it entails registering of all the participants and counting all the votes via the website she created and making sure the powerpoint presentation she gives goes smoothly, think the Oscars but for people who love Arabian Horses and coincides with the annual Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show. Anyway, this year unfortunately the date of this event falls on my birthday, Feb. 24th. So this morning I dropped Laura off at the Oakland Airport for her trip to Scottsdale, AZ where the awards take place and will be spending my birthday without my lovely fiancée.

Being the awesome gal she is, she arranged for the boys to come over Saturday night and play a little poker here at our place and sealed the deal by making a boat load of barbecued cocktail meat balls!(they're like crack, seriously) and a birthday cake for us to feast on. For you ladies out there, I don't think you can appreciate the pleasure men take in a. playing poker b. eating meat and c. drinking heavily and behaving like men. It's one of life's simple pleasures, but one we love to indulge in. So I dedicate this entry to my little cowgirl who went out of her way and busy schedule to make sure I had a great birthday night. Love you honey and I'll make sure the toilet seat is down when you come home on Monday.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like a great birthday. Great Job Laura!!!!Happy Birthday Pancho!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great B-day! I will have to see if the same works for my husband.

Pancho said...

Ya, it was a great time, now if I can just find a job, that will be the perfect topper.

Anonymous said...

awww, thanks honey! I'm glad you liked your guys night. I love you too